Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Email #21



Hello Everyone! This week has been good, lots of things to talk about.

[Monday - March 2, 2020 - Day 139]

So got on a usually packed bus this morning to head down to the computer shop in Mariveles. On the way, I stopped and bought myself a 32GB flash drive. I also tried to withdrawal funds but of course the ATM ran out of money. After the computer shop, we tried to get lunch from Blue Plate but they were closed. (It was almost like they expected us or something). We got lunch instead at Billy's Grill.

Me and my companion decided to go on a hike in Mariveles. It was beautiful, the hike was treacherous and steep but it was worth it. 

[Tuesday - March 3, 2020 - Day 140]

Had our District Council Today and afterwards, ate lunch at Blue Plate since it wasn't available yesterday. Went and proselyted in Storage. A person that we were teaching treated me and my companion with some homemade popcorn. 

[Wednesday - March 4, 2020 - Day 141]

Got a text about Coronavirus from our Zone Leaders. I guess every other Asian country has been evacuated, except for the Philippines. We are doing good so far.

[Thursday - March 5, 2020 - Day 142]

Some Catholics came to our apartment and asked us if they could set up a station here and to have one of us read a couple of paragraphs. Our house mates said sure and now I am the one reading the text.

[Friday - March 6, 2020 - Day 143]

So the Catholics walked into our front area of our house. There were about 30 of them and I read the Tagalog text aloud. It was an interesting experience. We get these ice cream bars 

[Saturday - March 7, 2020 - Day 144]

There was a massive wasp in our window, and a bat flew into our apartment and of course flies into our room. Elder Lewman tried to catch it but it went into a hole in our bathroom ceiling.

[Sunday - March 8, 2020 - Day 145]

Nothing notable happened today.

[Closing]

Sorry, this email was kind of rushed but I hope everyone is doing great! Please take care and I'll update all of you next week.





I believe this was downtown Mariveles


Hill or Mountain they hiked on there P-day


View from the hike




My new companion enjoying the view




Me checking out the view





The hole in our apartment where bats flew in.. eek


No comments:

Post a Comment