Monday, March 2, 2020

Email #20.. I got a New Companion...


This week took a long time to get through and kind of stressful.

[Monday - February 24, 2020 - Day 132]

We headed to Limay for the computer shop so that I could help Elder Hoffman with this project. Before then, we traveled to Alion to drop off Elder Bybee's clothes and to get his haircut. After the computer shop, we headed to lunch at Cafe Carlos and then got on a bus to Mariveles for the rest of the day. Elder Bybee knew that this was his last transfer in the Mariveles area so we were going around saying goodbye. He wanted to take me to this place that sells really good mozzarella sticks but unfortunately they were closed because of the Coronavirus. 

Took a trike to the Mariveles apartment to stay the night and climbed into bed. I got smart and actually brought a pillow. They have this broken water pump so every two to five minutes or so, this thing makes a loud buzzing noise. It might be a long night..

[Tuesday - February 25, 2020 - Day 133]

Last District Council meeting of the transfer. Afterwards, once again, we went to Billy's Grill for lunch. During lunch, I had this realization that I was missing something. I decided to check my bag for my flash drive and it was gone. I thought that maybe I left it at the computer shop in Limay so I called the Elders in Limay to try and get it from there. Unfortunately it is gone for good. On the positive side, 95% of the drive is replaceable.

Ran to the market and bought these extremely well done knock off legos. The uninspired names make me laugh every time. During our visit at the market, Elder Bybee gets a call from the Mission President. He called to tell us about what is going with transfer day tomorrow. I am staying in Cabcaben and Elder Bybee will be leaving to go to Botoland in Zambalas. So kind of far away from Cabcaben. I will be receiving a new companion, Elder Lewman. A American Filipino. Our house mates decided to do a little BBQ for Elder Bybee, they cooked some pork shish kebabs.

[Wednesday - February 26, 2020 - Day 134]

Transfer Day! Took one last picture with Elder Bybee before heading to the bus station. Stayed at the bus station for a good three hours then a bunch of Elders show up. I met my new companion and we headed to go eat lunch at Mcdonalds. Once we got home, I studied while he unpacked for a little bit then we made plans for the day. Showed him around this place called Batangas II. Then had a Family Home Evening at a member's house.

[Thursday - February 27, 2020 - Day 135]

We did a weekly planning session and overhauled the board. I decided to bring Elder Lewman to this place called Pariparan. Today hit me hard with reality. It is actually kind of stressful leading the area, having to teach my new companion everything about this large place. It's also a big change for him since he has been in really small areas for the majority of his mission.

Today happened to be Fiesta in Pariparan so there was a lot of noise and no one was home. We tried teaching this one person but there was so much going that it was difficult to even say anything. Luckily once it got dark, everything calmed down. We were able to get in a few lessons. Before we went home, we decided to sit and watch this basketball game that was happening in the neighborhood. 

[Friday - February 28, 2020 - Day 136]

Today, we could not get anything. It's the first time that I ever gone home without any lessons. I brought Elder Lewman to this place called Housing. This member fed us this interesting, what do I even call it, porage? I'm not sure what it is called but it was really good. It had corn, bananas, and some other types of fruit in it. We left Housing disappointed for once. Went back to Townsite and got stopped by this drunk guy. He claimed that he saw God and Jesus and asked me if I would help him. It was kind of strange. 

[Saturday - February 29, 2020 - Day 137]

This member in Capitol invited us to eat breakfast so we went and ate. I lost my favorite tie, why can't I stop losing stuff? Me and Elder Lewman failed to plan for the day but we decided to just wing it which actually, today went pretty well, compared to yesterday. I decided to bring Elder Lewman to our farthest area, Alion. Taught some good lessons and took the hiking trail down from Alion and into Captiol. Went home and played some chess. (Elder Lewman loves chess)

[Sunday - March 1, 2020 - Day 138]

Today was fast Sunday, went to Batangas II after church and taught for a little bit. I found my favorite tie, I'm not sure how it ended up in my house mates closet.

[Closing]

Thank you for reading, I'll make sure to have something Spiritual to share next time. I know I have been doing a terrible job haha. Please take care everyone and I love you all, until next time.





Funny Legos....


Saying goodbye to Elder Bybee..


Me, Elder Bybee and our roommates


Working on our planning for the week..


We are teaching this family and this cute kid wanted a picture with me, but then turned... Lol


Me and my new Companion Elder Lewman on p-day talking with Family. His cheesy grin for me.. Oh and he is only 5'1... The pictures will be fun to see when they are standing next to each other.. :))

No comments:

Post a Comment